Gooseacre Primary Academy is located in Thurnscoe in South Yorkshire, close to Barnsley, Doncaster and Rotherham.
We currently have over 280 pupils on our roll and ten classes in the school: Foundation Stage 1 and 2, three Key Stage 1 classes and five Key Stage 2 classes. The school has seen a remarkable pace of improvement in recent times and in June 2014 Ofsted judged us to be “a good school”. We are proud to have achieved this status for a second time, which is due to considerable dedication and effort from the whole team of staff and wider academy community. We are committed to maintaining our rate of progress. We will build on our strengths, ensuring good practice is embedded into the school and drive forward new initiatives to enhance our performance further.
High expectation is an integral part of the culture of our Academy. We want our children to achieve their full potential and we work hard to ensure that they have every opportunity to do so.
We aspire to:
- rates of academic progress above the national average;
- attendance in line with, or above, national expectations;
- exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning and social relationships;
- effective removal of barriers to learning for vulnerable and disadvantaged groups;
- the development of employability and enterprise skills, with a particular focus on literacy and communication, independence and aspiration; and
- staff are challenged and supported to be at least ‘good’ with much ‘outstanding’ practice.